My last post was maybe about an hour ago. So.... in the last hour or so, I've been looking at health insurance just to see what I might could afford. There was one plan that was about $65. I could probably do that. BUT. I'm about to get married. I don't plan on having children in the next year, but what if it happens. That plan doesn't even have an optional maternity rider.
So I looked at the next one. Yay! A maternity rider. BOO.... 12 monthly separate waiting period. WHAT?! Then, I go and look at the price of the maternity rider. $150!! WHAT?! Who can afford to get pregnant these days?! So not only would I be paying a higher price for regular health insurance at about $88 per month, but on top of that, they want $150 for 12 months of coverage that you can't even use! That's $1800 for a year of useless coverage. Its ridiculous. It really makes me want to curse right now.
I can't believe that insurances companies do this!
If you work for an insurance company, you should be ASHAMED of yourself!

2 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Gosh this is the ONLY time when I'm greatful for the NHS. I can't believe you don't get any free health care over there! That's still really atrocious.

Keri said...

Super atrocious!