Spirit filled weekend

This past weekend, I went on a ladies retreat with a group from my church. It was loads of fun. A big group of ladies without their men, all weekend. That a recipe for a lot of fun.
There was fun, but there were also moments of crying. For example, when Stephanie spoke about her friend Elaine that passed away last year. She had been with us on the last retreat that we had. She was sick with brain cancer. Stephanie had worked with Elaine for 11 years so they were very close. But at the same time, Stephanie new where Elaine was and would never wish for her to come back because she's no longer in pain.
We were all split up into cabins. I was in the cabin with my mom and 2 of her friends. It was so much fun. To go with the theme of the weekend which was coffee and "Jesus, good to the last drop", we had to name our cabin a flavor or type of coffee. Being who we are, we went with the Arabica beans. Well, we all decided to do a skit with Arabica Bean.... on a stick.. lol after Jeff Dunham's jalepeno on a stick. We thought it was funny.
I did a lot of praying about some things that are going on in my life. About people I called friends and their opinions of my fiance and how I react to that. Its hard to have friends who don't support you. But I'm not getting into that here.
Over all it was a great weekend!!!


No comments: