Monday

Monday was different. 
I went to work, but it was like I couldn't concentrate on anything. 
Derek changed the brakes on our friend Isaiah's car.  His wife Kara fixed us supper so when I got off work, I went over to their house. 
Like Isaiah said, it was odd being over on a week night. 
We told them that I still had a curfew since we were living with my parents.  They laughed.  Before we were married I did have a curfew of 10:00 or so. Yes, I was 24 with a curfew. But it all goes back to the whole honor thy father and mother.  That's just one of the rules that I followed. So they still pick on me about it. 
Their kid Elijah is so funny.  We never know what he'll say.  We were sitting at the kitchen table talking and Elijah came in riding on his little 3 wheeler toy.  Kara told him to go back in the living room and he rode by her and said "Stop being crazy."  The look on Kara's face was priceless.  
"Did he just call me crazy?" 
"Yes. Yes he did." 
LOL. It was so funny.  We had a good time.  I love being able to just go over to some friends' house and hang out and talk. 
But. 
9:45 P.M. came around and I started getting sleepy so we headed home.  Derek played Black Ops when we got home.  I sat in the chair and attempted to read a few pages in one of the books I got at the thrift store. 
Fail. 
I read maybe 1 1/2 pages.  I went to sleep in the chair.  Derek woke me up when he asked "Are you awake?"
No. 
I got up and went to bed.  I was going to let Bree, our dog, come get in the bed until Derek came, but I know how she is.  She will get up there and walk around and not stay still.  I was really tired so I just put her in her crate for the night. 
Then I went to bed and was asleep before I hit the pillow. 
Great Monday. Just different change of pace.

No comments: