50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

This is number 71 on my list of 101 Things. You can find the 50 Questions that will free your mind HERE.  So here we go.....

  1.  How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?  I think I would probably be about 30. I'm going to be 26 tomorrow, but sometimes, I feel and act older.
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying is worse. Because if you fail, you at least know that you tried.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? I suppose we do things that we don't like in order to make a living (for some people) and we don't do things that we like because we might not can afford it.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I will have said a lot more than I've done.  I always say that I'll do things one day and it just never gets done.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I would make it to where we were not so dependent on technology such as computers and phones because it takes away so much personal interaction with people.  Sure we wouldn't have blogs or iphones, but it would give us more time to talk face to face with people. And sometimes these technologies have such a negative impact on people and families.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? I would be a crafter/sewer/photographer
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Sometimes I believe I am settling for what I am doing.  I could do more for what I believe in, but sometimes, I don't know how to do that.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would not worry so much about what people thought of me. I would work less and play more and spend way more time with my family. I would have had children 6 years ago.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I don't think I've controlled it at all. Sure, I've made decisions that have led me to where I am, but there are other things that have happened to me that have put me here also. I ultimately believe that God is in control of where my life goes and what happens. 
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I'm more concerned with doing the right things.  You might can do things right, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you are doing is right. 
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? I stick up for that friend and let them know that the person is my friend. I tell them the way it is and I would probably get up and leave.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?  You can do whatever you set your mind to.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I'd like to say no, but it would really depend on what they had done.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Not that I recall.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Thinking. I know that my thoughts and what I think about is a lot different that other people. 
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because everyone doesn't have my personality and doesn't have my life so of course what gives me happiness might not necessarily give them happiness.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? I really want to own my own home. And right now, financials are holding me back.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? I'm sure there is something that I need to let go of.  I'm not sure if its emotional or material.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? If I absolutely had to move, I would probably move to North Carolina because that's where Derek's family is.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No and No. 
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I'd rather be a joyful simpleton.
  22. Why are you, you? I am me because of the experiences and the things that have happened in my life, the way I was brought up and the experiences that I did not experience. 
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? No.  I've neglected friendships that I wish I hadn't.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you.
  25. What are you most grateful for? Having a God that loves me no matter what.
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? This is a toughy.  I think I'd rather not be able to make new ones.
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes. Its called faith.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? Not really cause I don't even know what that time would be.
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? When my brothers and I would go and play in the woods behind our house.  It was special because I felt lucky to have siblings that would go and play.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I was at the ladies' retreat.
  32. If not now, then when? I don't know, but hopefully its at the right time. No sooner, no later.
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Oh about 100lbs.
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Very much so.
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because the source of the "love" is different. And the beliefs of what that love can do and conquer is different.
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? I believe it is possible.  Do we ever reach that point? Probably not.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Most likely.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work that I actually enjoy doing.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Not really. Yeah, I come to work 5 days a week, but it never really is the same around here.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Probably never.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I would visit my parents, my brothers, my husband would be with me and we'd visit some of our family together.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?Heck no.  Beauty fades and being really famous gives you no privacy.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? I think when you are just alive, it just means that you have a heart beat and brain activity. To truly live means doing the things you love and being with the people you love.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you are extremely passionate about what is right.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Disappointment.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Probably nothing.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night laying in bed.
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my husband. I tell him I love him and embrace and kiss him. I love my Jesus. I worship him and honor him with praise.
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? Most likely not.
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? The decisions that I've been working on, I've been praying about and letting God lead my path.  So ultimately He'll make them and I'll follow his lead.

No comments: