Hydrating

I've decided that my first step in healthy habits will be to drink a lot more water.  (The picture is of me on my honeymoon a year ago.  I love that pic cause, I look just a little slimmer than reality.)

I was to where I was drinking just soda, sweet tea and coffee. I hardly ever drank water.  Now, I've got a 32oz. bottle of water at my desk that I plan on drinking at least two of throughout the day.
As far as breakfast goes, I had some breakfast casserole that consists of a thin bread layer, sausage, egg and cheese.  Its quite good and gives me lots of protein to keep me filing full. I also had a cup of coffee with milk and just a tad bit of sugar. I can't stand the taste of coffee so a bit of milk and sugar makes it a tolerable.  I'd rather drink a little coffee and have my caffeine fix than suffer a migraine headache.
Migraine headaches. That would be another reason I want to get healthy.  I know there will probably always be a possibility that I will suffer from migraines because there are certain foods and stresses that trigger a migraine for me. One of those being cheddar cheese.  And let me tell you, when I finally figured out that cheese was what was a trigger, I was sad. I love sharp cheddar cheese.  But alas, I don't eat it. *Sigh*
So yeah..... Step one is keeping myself well hydrated.

2 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Good plan. I have a 32oz nalgene on my desk too to keep hydrated :)

Becky said...

I started the whole get healthy thing back at the beginning of the year. Drinking lots of water was a big part of that. I don't mind drinking but hate having to go to the restroom every 5 minutes (or so it seems) but it definitely helps. Good luck with your goals!