To Catch You Up

So its been over two months since I last posted. A lot has happened.
September. We have seen our friends Isaiah and Kara and their little boy Elijah since they moved to Atlanta to live with Isaiah's parents. I miss them.
They would come to the house and play monopoly with us on a random weekday night. Playing monopoly with them was interesting. Isaiah and Derek would team up against me and Kara. At one point, it took both of them to be me alone.
October. Octobe
r was a good month. First we got a new puppy!!(left) We named her Bree. No. Not like the cheese. She is a mix between a Min Pin and a Chihuahua. She is the cutest thing and she has gotten big. And yes, that is a cat back there sniffing her. That's actually Jasmine. We've really enjoyed having Bree. She's become a mama's dog.
So not only did we get a new puppy, Derek got a new, really good job. That was a blessing in itself. The only thing was that it is a third shift job. But I guess that's ok too because that means I get the bed to myself!
And for the last thing in October, I got a new hair cut. I decided that my hair was too long and was contributing to the migraines that I have. So I cut off about 8 inches. It's not quite as short as I'd like it to be, but it looks good. My hair was all one length before I got it cut, now it has layers. I love it!
November. Too much happened in November and it was all mostly at the end of the month. Derek and I had planned to take a trip to North Carolina to see his family for Thanksgiving. The Monday before that Wednesday we were going to leave, I was sitting at work and got a tearful phone call from my Mom. It wasn't news that I wanted to hear, but then again, who would. She told me that only about an hour before, my uncle and aunt had been involved in a car accident and my uncle Fred didn't make it. Of course I began to cry. The work day was almost over anyway so my boss let me leave. My aunt had sustained multiple injuries. Both legs were broke, the femurs to be exact. She also had a cracked pelvis. My mom headed to South Carolina to the hospital where they took my aunt.
Derek still wanted us to make the trip, but I knew my mom would need me. He understood and on Tuesday I booked him a flight so he could still go. I wanted him to go though. I wanted him to be able to see his family and I would be able to devote all my time to my family our time of mourning. Yeah, I know, its our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, but my mom needed me and Derek's mom had called and said for me to do what I needed to do. So I stayed.
I took Derek to the airport Wednesday morning. His flight left out at 5:30 a.m. He flew into Norfolk, VA where he rode down to NC with his cousin who is stationed in Norfolk. So while Derek enjoyed his family he hadn't seen in a couple of months, I was able to see family I haven't seen in 10 years. Under the circumstances, it sucked to have to see them, but at the same time, it was a bittersweet reunion. I saw a cousin who was the same age as me, only 10 days younger. Another cousin, the son of my uncle who passed, I hadn't seen in over 10 years. It was good to see him.
So I spent a lot of time with my family near the end of November even though it was under those circumstances. We learned later that my uncle had suffered a massive heart attack and he probably never knew what happened that day.
Well, that's a lot already, I'll save the beginning of December for another post. But make sure your come back cause its interesting..... I went to a dance club for the first time ever!

No comments: