Chicken Florentine

That's what I'm going to call it. Chicken Florentine. The other day I was surfing the internet, as usual when I get bored at work, and was looking for some recipes to try out on D. He loves chicken so I found a recipe that had chicken in it. It also had spinach and feta. I wrote it down and decided we would try it sometime.

Well, the next day, I turned on the food network and Rachel Ray was on cooking Chicken Florentine!! So I sat and watched the episode of 30-minute meals. She used ricotta and Parmesan cheese. I asked D if he wanted to try my recipe. Instead of using chicken breasts, we had some chicken tenders left over so we used those by flattening them out. Instead of Parmesan and ricotta we used smoked Gouda and shredded mozzarella. The Gouda was good, but I don't suggest using those two because it doesn't really hold the spinach together like the ricotta would.
So any way, we had 7 pieces of chicken. We used enough spinach and cheese to have enough to stuff each one. The recipe I had written down didn't have any measurements either so we just winged in. D looked at me like I was crazy when I pulled out the camera. I just told him that I was going to put it here. That didn't make the look subside though. Oh well. Here are some pics!

No comments: