10 Inventions That Have Made Life Easier

I checked out some other people's 10 before completing mine and it seems that some have went for a lot of recent inventions like DVDs and CDs and Digital Cameras. Well, I'm thinking a little more practical on a few of mine. Like some things that would make it very uncomfortable for me to live....

1. Indoor Plumbing- Or would you rather go outside to use the bathroom or have to take a bath with a bucket of water? I think I prefer the indoor plumbing!
2. Toilet paper- leaves or torn pages from a phone book seem to be the harsh way to go. Imagine a paper cut down there!
3. Telephone- or cell phone rather... Better than smoke signals or walking down the road to the neighbors house.
4. Tampons- do I need to explain?
5. High-speed Internet- Dial up. Oh Dial up. How I really do not miss you! I house sat for a friend of my mom a couple of months back. She didn't have high-speed internet. I was stuck with dial up. Having gotten accustom to high-speed, I almost pulled out all my hair waiting for it to load.
6. Cars- I'm not athletic enough to run or ride a bike.....yet
7. Electricity- I don't think I need to explain this one either
8. Central Heating and Air Conditioning- Toasty warm in the winter, cool and crisp in the summer... Ahhhh...
9. Microwave-fast food.
10. Satellite TV- A lot better that Cable.

3 comments:

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

that is a great list...all those things are certainly things I couldn't live with out. I'm glad I live now and not in history...

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

can i ask the deal with Ten on Tuesday. Is there specific topic each week? Where do I find out what the topic is?

Cameo said...

LOL. I grew up without your 1. indoor plumbing, 3. telephone, 7. electricity and obviously #8 (central air), #9 (microwave) and #10 (satellite tv). I will admit, it HAS made my life much easier HAVING those things!!!! I'm addicited now to my BlackBerry!