Comfort in the Lord

So, after writing that last post, I started feeling a little more blah and in a funk. Definition of being in a funk? To be in a funk is to feel as though life is going no where.
Well... I sat here and thought for a little while. Studied for a test. Talked to a friend. Listened to some good ole classical music. And it came to me. I have felt like this for a week or more. Then I realized, I haven't read my Bible or talked with God like I should in a week or more with the exception of church.
Sitting in church on Sunday morning, I watched the 10 year old daughter of a dear friend get up in front of a congregation of more than 300 and pray. While everyone around me had their heads bowed and eyes closed, I watched in amazement as this young girl prayed. She thanked God for the pastor and his wife and all they had done. She said that it's not about us, but its about Jesus. I was like "WOW!" How I wish I had been like that at 10 years old! She continued to pray and I continued to watch her. She made me want to be a better Christian. She had such a child like faith.... she gave her all for God. It made me want to be better even more.
So sitting here today, I opened my Bible and asked God to send me some comfort and direction. I flipped the pages over to Isaiah.
This is what I read:
Do no be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt, Ethiopia, and Seba as a ransom for your freedom. Others died that you might live. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you. (Isaiah 43:1-4)
That passage is about Israel, but I can read it as though he is telling me He is there for me and he LOVES me.
And when it comes to thinking of the past and wishing I had done things different I read this:
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (Phillipians 3:13-14)
I need to move forward from that kind of thinking and strive to be what God wants me to be. And that thinking should pass away.
Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth. For you died when Christ died, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. (Colossians 3:2-4)
We must not focus our thoughts on only worldly things. We should be thinking of heaven. I feel as though God has empowered me with a breath of life. I may not have done things the way I wish I had, but I can't forget that that's the way God ordained it to happen. I'm here in this place for a reason and when He wants me to leave, I will leave.
~I again have found comfort in the Lord.~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome and inspiring post! You are not alone, All of us at several points in our lives forget to "let go and let God" or think this situation is so small I can handle it.