Dell Tech Support

Dell Tech Support, for me, is the best thing in the world right now. I had bought a new game for my computer yesterday at GameStop and when I got home to run it, it wouldn't run it. So I checked to make sure my computer had all the requirements. It did. So I called Dell Tech Support. The first time I called, the guy, Eric, had me uninstall and reinstall the Cd-drive because when I put the cd in it wasn't spinning like it should. So I did that and it seemed to work. He told me to go ahead and see if the game would install. It started installing and we hung up. So then it got to about 3% and said it couldn't transfer a file blah blah blah. So I did the uninstall/reinstall thing again. And tried again.... it did the same thing. So I called again. Matt, the next techy, helped me. I told him what had happened and what the other guy told me. He talked me through testing the drive. It popped up 2 or 3 errors. He said that those errors meant that the drive was bad and I would need to replace it. Luckily, I still have the insurance on this computer and it's not going to cost me anything. So he got that part dispatched and sent me and email. He then told me to test the hard drive while I was on that screen to make sure there wasn't any errors on it and said that it was going to take a while and that if there were any to call back. Unfortunately there were 2 errors. So I thought I was going to have to replace my hard drive. I called once again and I spoke with Kendall. He was nice and told me that those errors was just from the cdrom and that I wouldn't have to replace the hard drive. I was very excited about that. He made sure I didn't have any more questions and we hung up.
Overall, I was very pleased with my experience with the Dell Technical Support Team. YOU GUYS RULE!
Later peeps!

1 comment:

JOY said...

Glad you got sorted without any expense!

It goes to show how important taking out insurance is.