Year in Review: 2006

This year has been a very eventful year in my life. There have been quite a few things that have made me look at life differently and made me appreciate life more. People have come in and gone out of my life. All these things have lead up to this day and the person that I am. One event has led to another.
Starting in January, I ended a 5 month relationship. I hadn't been happy in the relationship and I couldn't go on being unhappy. It is a little embarrassing to say but that was my first serious relationship. Of course this was a turning point in my life. It opened my eyes up to a whole new "world". After 5 months of him supposedly caring for me and what not, I was told that I wasn't a good girlfriend and to f*** off. So that ended January.
In February, I turned 21. My parents were out of town on my birthday. But of course my mom tells me not to go drinking. Why do parents do this? Nancy and Jenn took me out for my birthday and yes, I drank. My parents came back in the day after my birthday. And what does my mother as? How many did you drink? Geez.....
Not a whole lot happened in March and April.. In May, a guy that I had liked a while back started talking to me agian. We hung out some, but that didn't last long. My cousin, Janet got married on May 6. I'm so happy for her. Tuesday, May 16, my year started getting bad. I was working at a motel. That night around 7:30.. I was robbed at gun point. A man came in while I was in the back office vaccuming and put a gun to my head. He asked me where the money was. I led him to the front and pulled open the drawer. He told me to give it to him, but I told him if he wanted it to take it. I was calm pretty much the whole time. I told myself I needed to remember what he was wearing and what he looked like. He made me lay on the floor behind the fron counter and he ran out the door. When he was out the door, I grabbed a pen and got the license plate number and called 911. That's when I began crying. I was still alive. Click HERE to read the article. The 2 girls in the pic are Nancy and Jenn and the guy in Jenn's boyfriend. That was May...
In June.. not a lot happened. In July, I met Arty. I know a lot of people think you shouldn't meet people online, but that's where I met him. We began talking on a Tuesday. The following Saturday, we met in person. I was soooo nervous but everything went very well. He stayed the night at the motel that I worked at. I didn't plan on him meeting my parents, but I had to go to my house for something and he went with me. He doesn't believe that my mom actually likes him. He's the only one that I know of that my mom actually likes. While he was up here, he got a text that said he may be sent somewhere. (he's in the army) He asked me what I wanted to do. I told him i didn't understand what he was asking. He asked me if I wanted to wait for him if he wasn't sent off, or if I wanted to move on. I told him I wanted to wait. I thought to myself, 'How could I not wait? This is a great guy and i want a chance with him.' So on sunday he went back to Savannah. We talked a couple more times. After a couple of weeks, I wasn't hearing anything. I thought I wasn't going to ever hear from him again.I gave it 2 months or so...Nothing.. (read on...it gets interesting..)
So in August there wasn't a lot either. In September, my family went to Daytona, FL for our vacation. It was great fun. We were able to see the shuttle take off from our condo. It was great! In late september, early October, the owner of the motel informed my boss at the motel that she would not be working there any longer. He gave her about a week or so to get everything in order. This led to me losing my job in October. The new manager that was brought, Bulldog is what we called her, was not a pleasant person. I worked with her for 2 weeks. Finally, I decided maybe it wouldn't be that bad. (Remember, I started classes on Sept. 26) I told her one Saturday (the saturday before the beginning of her 3rd week there) that I had decided that while I was in school that the motel would be the best place for me. Bulldog obviously didn't think so. On Monday while I was in class, Bulldog called and left a message on my cell phone that said I needed to call her back. So I called her back. She said she didn't want to give me the bad news over the phone. I told her to just go ahead and tell me. She said that I no longer had a job. I was like WTF?! So anyway, I was unemplyed. I went and began putting application in at various places. Finally, I went to the one place I said I wouldn't go back to, Dill's.... ugh!!! So I went to the Store manager and asked for a job. So that's where I work now.But while I was still at the motel, I met James through Amber who worked at the motel. I'm not going into detail except to say that his ex is a psycho and that relationship didn't go anywhere....And my brother moved out at the end of october to Savannah.
In November, I didn't think much would happen, but I got a message... from.... drum roll... Arty. He informed me that he had been deployed to Iraq and that he missed me. He didn't expect me to talk to him. I guess, I hadn't really dropped him and moved on. I was so happy to hear from him. He said he couldn't wait to see me again. I guess that he just didn't want me to worry about him being in Iraq. I'm just glad that he contacted me. So my family had a nice thanksgiving. Jesse came home from Savannah. It was great.
Then... December happened. The events that led up to December 5... sigh... I lost my job so I left later than I did to go to my new job. But that day, I had to go to the post office to send a Bible to someone. On December 5, 2006, I was involved in a fatal car accident. A girl ran a stop sign, I tboned them, and the passenger on their car died...When it happened, while I was still in my car, I thought 'I'm still alive!'. I got out of the car and immediately knew things weren't going to be good. Click HERE to see the article. I don't really want to go into all the things that are involved in that because I've moved on.
Now it's come down to the last day of the year. I've learned to love life and appreciate being a alive. I've got to work from 4-8 this afternoon. That will still give me a couple of hours to develop some resolutions for the coming year. Check back later.

No comments: