Zquiet Update

I have been using the ZQuiet for almost 2 months now.  To begin with, it worked great!  Now, from time to time, my husband asks me are "the batteries broke in that thing".  Of course it doesn't take batteries.  Apparently, when I am sleeping on my back, my bottom jaw somehow falls out of the mouthpiece and into a position that causes me to snore. 

So even using the ZQuiet, I continue to have to be a side sleeper. 

Also, I have had numerous occasions when I would wake up and the mouthpiece has fallen out completely.  I don't know if this is just me or if it happens to others.  Once it fell out and was on the floor on the other side of the bed from me.  How it got there, I don't know.

I do enjoy the ZQuiet in that I can breathe through my nose more easily.  I notice that when I don't use it, I'm more of a mouth breather and its difficult to breathe through my nose. Now, I can wear the mouthpiece and breathe through my nose and my mouth doesn't dry out from being a mouth breather.

Overall, I still recommend this product to anyone who has a snoring problem.

2 comments:

Technodoll said...

Ah well, at least your hubby is getting some quiet nights instead of none at all and it's not too much discomfort to you! yey!

Kori said...

Your story about this falling out of your mouth while sleeping and ending up on the other side of the bed made me laugh a little because it reminded me of when I had braces and had to wear the dreaded head-gear. !! ugh. I NEVER wore it out in public like I was supposed to in order to get it's full benefit, but I did wear it at night. Every morning, without fail, it was hanging on my bedpost or on the floor...all hooked together and everything. I don't remember ever waking up to do it. Funny what we do in our sleep without ever knowing!