Severe Weather

About 30 minutes ago, I was awakened by the loudest boom I didn't want to hear in the middle of the night. There was a extremely loud clap of thunder. I woke up and it continued. Then there was the lightening. I like thunderstorms, but not when they get that severe.
I'm sitting here now at 3:00 a.m. and there is a tornado watch. Not only is that for my county and the surrounding counties, that for about half of Georgia and Alabama and on into South Carolina and Mississippi!! The pic with the highlighted counties are the counties with watches. I don't think I've ever seen it have that many!
LOL, they just issued a severed thunderstorm warning for the northern part of my county, which is where I live.. They are about 40 minutes late with that. Right now it's quite outside and it hasn't thundered for about 10 minutes.
The only thing that worries me just a little bit is that the weather that just came over us was just green with a little spot of red. That weather that is still in Alabama, that's A LOT of red. So, if it stays that strong, by the time it gets here it may be worse than what we just had. EEK!
Well, I'm gonna try to go back to sleep and get some more shut eye.
Oh and by the way, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments: